Is the sound not working on laptop issue annoys you? Don’t worry, here is the guide to bring the sound back to your laptop.
Start By Analyze the Hardware To Fix Sound Not Working On Laptop Issue
The hardware of your laptop is one of the most critical platforms where all the configurations are completed. All the configuration and power is synced through your hardware before you start working on anything. By spectating your hardware, you can directly approach the sound not working on laptop issue and eliminate them quickly. Here are the solutions you can apply to resolve the no sound issue.
#1 Check the Speaker of Your Laptop for Sound Not Working On Laptop
Sometimes speakers of your device are working well, but sound doesn’t do so. Start by glancing out at the speaker on your laptop and make sure that there is nothing that covers them, or any kind of dust is on them.
#2 Check the Headphone Jack if Sound Not Working On Laptop
If your laptop is producing the sound before connecting the headphones and doing so after disconnecting them, this is a clear hint for the audio jack problem. You can quickly get rid of it by merely cleaning the audio jack with some cotton swab or soft brush. If the problem continues, check out the other solutions.
Check The Sound Drivers
If the issue doesn’t get fixed by implementing the above solutions, that means the problem is in your sound device manager. Here are some factors that can affect and terminate the sound not working on laptop issue.
#3 Enable the Volume Controls
It happens a lot that the mute button gets pressed accidentally. You can enable the sound back by clicking on the sound icon which is on the bottom right of the desktop and increase the volume levels.
#4 The Audio Device Should Have To Be Set Default
This process includes a couple of steps
- Press the right click on the Volume icon and then click on the Playback Device
- Make sure that there is a green check on your audio device in the Playback tab.
- After that, click on Set Default and then click on ok.
Once configurations are done, you can proceed to test the sound.
#5 Reinstall your Audio Driver
If you are facing the same problems, again and again, there is a chance of driver or sound driver corruption. This problem can only be solved by reinstalling the driver. Following steps are mentioned below
- First of all Open the Device Manager. You can see a bunch of options over there.
- Furthermore Go to the Sound, video and game controllers and double-click over it. By doing so, you can find the uninstall option for the sound driver installed on your laptop.
- Lastly, click on the uninstall.
- Now Confirm the uninstallation process.
- Finally Restart your laptop, and your audio driver will automatically begin to install.
If none of the above approaches helps you fix the problem, lastly you need to try Windows Troubleshooter. Read “” to know how to use Windows Troubleshooter and troubleshoot issues like sound not working on laptop at all.
Also read: How To Fix No Sound On Computer ?